Monday, July 02, 2007

Camp Wapogasset (WAPO), June 27-29

Again this year I made a visit to Camp Wapogasset (near Amery, WI) to spend time with the large numbers of staff and campers at this camp during the summer; it is a busy place.

This camp staff always impresses me by its quality of leadership, spiritual maturity, creativity and especially its integrity when conducting the various worship opportunities offered to the campers. The ministry taking place with people of all ages at WAPO is something of which I take delight and the church should as well.

My time at camp among the staff was greeted with great hospitality and I was afforded various opportunities to be in conversation with those who had questions about seminary study. My favorite time with them is during their staff worship on Friday afternoons when I am given the privilege of leading and distributing the sacrament of Holy Communion.

My thanks to Luke Halverson, program director, for giving me this opportunity to be at camp and to Jeanette Clark and Loren Teig for their roles in making my time there most enjoyable.

P.S. Wilderness Canoe Base is one of the camping ministries offered by WAPO and as some of you know it burned quite extensively this spring. For details about this tragedy and to find out how you can help clean up and rebuild go to www.campwapo.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home