Monday, February 05, 2007

Colorado, 2-5-07



I bring you greetings from Winter Park, Colorado, 9,000+ feet above sea level. I am here with my husband John at a Kairos sponsored course called TheoProbe.

TheoProbe brings together who great concepts — skiing and theology. The daily schedule begins and ends each day with theological study which opens the rest of the day for skiing or some type of wintery activity. Two professors from Luther Seminary, Lois Malcomb (Systematics) and Michael Rogness (Preaching) are leading the theological discussion on the topic of the lectionary texts for Lent. Professor Malcomb is focusing on the "theology of the cross" in the gospels and the writings of St. Paul, and Professor Rogness is highlighting numerous aspects of preaching that need to be taken into consideration not only in Lent, but whenever a preacher steps into the pulpit.

This is the first time my husband or I have attended this event and we are really enjoying ourselves. Those in attendance embody what it means to play hard and work hard. Actually it is nice to come to a conference where your body is as physically challenged as your mind is mentally. Though I will admit my legs are sorer then my brain, obviously the one is a bit more in shape then the other, but it feels good to exercise them both.

I am also taking advantage of my time in Colorado by meeting with two other groups. Tonight I will host a dinner for the Urban Servant Corps, (www.servantcorps.org), young adults serving in Denver; and on Thursday, I am meeting and having lunch with the Front Range Youth Directors at the ELCA Rocky Mountain Synod office in Denver. Stay tuned for blog postings for my visits with these two groups!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home